Y-Chromosome data contains no information about medical conditions or health traits
· Encourage discussion and involve other people in the data search
Extend the definition of the Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree by
identifying new SNPs
· Download the Y-Chromosome Data
· Login on the 23andME.com website
· Click “Account” in the upper right corner (to the right of your name)
· Select “Browse Raw Data” from the pull-down
· Click “download raw data” in the upper right corner
· Enter your password and secret answer, select Data set “Y Chromosome”
· Click “Download Data” in the bottom right corner
· Save the data file to your computer
· Share the Data
· E-mail the data file to Adriano Squecco, firstname.lastname@example.org
· When submitting the file, please specify:
· Is this an anonymous submission? If yes, no identifying or contact information will be published.
· Surname to use with data (normally yours, but anonymous or geographic location OK)
· Do you give permission to list your e-mail address (optional)
· Your Y-DNA haplogroup (click “Paternal Line” in the 23andMe left sidebar) (optional)
· Geographic location of your earliest known paternal ancestor (optional)
Ysearch ID if you have
done Y-DNA STR testing and submitted the results to Ysearch.org (optional)
Keep track of updates via the facebook community
YDNA SNPs Comparison Project facebook page
Adriano Squecco’s project
spreadsheets (zipped Excel 2003)
Currently tracking 3796 SNPs with over 1000 samples shared by the user community!
Hgs A-Q (7.6 MB) http://www.webalice.it/asquecco/Y_DNA-Forums_a.zip
Hgs R-T (8.3 MB) http://www.webalice.it/asquecco/Y_DNA-Forums.zip
Project data set errata, listing incorrect or
problematic SNPs and/or SNP values
· Please see the deCODEme instruction page
Thank you for sharing
your data, your time, and your ideas and
helping us further our understanding of the Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree.
This is a volunteer non-commercial effort and is not associated with any DNA testing company.
All trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2008-2011 David F Reynolds
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
Last Modification: 1 October 2011.